Run for the Swamp
Saturday, April 21, 2018
Please note, this waiver will be signed by each runner at packet pick up!
In consideration for being permitted to participate in the Lake Erie College Run for the Swamp (the "Event”), and to use the course designed for the race (the “Premises”), on behalf of myself and my representatives, administrators, executors, assigns, and heirs, I HEREBY FULLY AND IRREVOCABLY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE Lake Erie College, Great Lakes Race Timing, LLC (“GLRT”), its members, managers, agents, officers, and directors and any and all Event organizers, officials, volunteers, sponsors, advertisers, hosts, locations, and their respective owners, officers, directors, agents, and employees (collectively the “Releasees”), of and from: any and all actions; causes of action; suits; damages; judgments; claims; and demands, either in law or equity, arising from any accident, injury, death, or personal and property damage, including if same is caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees, resulting from, or in any way connected with, my participation in the Event (including travel to and from the Event) whether on the Premises or not (the “Agreement”).
I agree if any claim for my personal injury, property damage, and/or wrongful death is commenced against any of the Releasees, I shall defend, indemnify, and save harmless the Releasees from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, damages, judgments, claims, and demands including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs.
In making this Agreement I hereby make the following acknowledgements and certifications:
- I certify that I am in proper physical condition and have sufficient training to participate in the Event. I do not have any existing physical condition or impairment that would make my participation in the Event unsafe, and I am not under the influence of any drugs (prescription or otherwise) which would impair my ability to safely participate in the Event.
- I acknowledge that my participation in the Event is fully voluntary. I understand that I can stop and withdraw from the Event at any time.
- I acknowledge that at least portions of this event may be run on open roads and it is my responsibility to acknowledge normal pedestrian/traffic laws while participating in the event, including yielding to automobile traffic when necessary.
- I acknowledge, understand, and accept that participation in the Event involves various known and unknown risks, some of which may not be reasonably foreseeable at this time, including: dangerous course conditions and surface hazards; my own negligence and/or inebriation; and the negligence and/or inebriation of other participants which may result in serious bodily injury, death, or property damage.
- I acknowledge and understand that I have been fully advised of the dangers of participating in this event and/or related activities and I hereby sign this Agreement freely and voluntarily.
- I acknowledge and understand that I am voluntarily giving up substantial legal rights by signing this Agreement, including the right to sue.
- I grant permission to GLRT to use photographs taken of me for legitimate promotional purposes.
Signature: _____________________________ Date: __________________
Print Name: ___________________________